Spring Street International School has an impressive academic record for placing international students in their first choices for higher education. The keys to its success are individualized instruction, ESL support for those who need it, and a strong relationship between teachers and students. Recent Spring Street graduates have been accepted to MIT, NYU, USC, GW, and other highly ranked universities.
- Highly effective, intensive ESL instruction.
- Comprehensive college readiness and counseling.
- Extensive leadership curriculum.
- Safe and supportive residence in a beautiful setting.
- Guidance in navigating life in the US.
The International Application Process
- Submit a complete online application including:
- Student and family information form
- Teacher Recommendations
- Current school transcript
- Language scores from iTEP Slate or TOEFL, if available
- Virtual interview
- Admissions decision made
- Enrollment contract and deposit due
- I-20 issued
- Full tuition payment and boarding fees due
- Photocopy of passport
- The enrollment deposit must be paid before issuance of the I-20.
- Students without health insurance will be enrolled in a plan costing $600 annually.
International Boarding Student Tuition 2023-24
- New student: $55,600
- Renewal student: $54,900
- $875. Includes books, technology, local activities, fall backpacking trip, SJ Fitness Center membership
- $600. Medical Accident & Sickness Insurance
- Note that May Term fees are not included. Grades 8-12, typically range from $1,800- $3,000
Student Expense Account (required):
- $3,000. For personal expenses, test fees, May Term expeditions, private tutoring, etc. Excess funds will be rolled over to next year or refunded.
International Applicants – Important Dates
- February 1, 2023: Application due
- April 16, 2023: Full tuition and boarding fee due
- Applications received after February 1st will be accepted on a rolling admissions basis.
International student applicants are highly encouraged to present test results for language proficiency. Spring Street accepts iTEP Slate-Plus and TOEFL test scores. Click here to schedule an iTEP Slate-Plus Test. Test scores are only a touchstone of ability. Spring Street offers full ESL programs in reading, writing, and speaking English, as well as SAT and TOEFL preparation. Beginning ESL students with low initial English language proficiency below 2.5 as measured on the iTEP Slate-Plus will be enrolled in extra ESL tutoring for their first year. The fee for extra ESL tutoring is approximately $4,500 per year, in addition to tuition.