Indexed Tuition (IT) is the tuition affordability model at Spring Street. The purpose of IT is to sustain socio-economic diversity in our school community. We know that sustaining diversity depends on an inclusive community and that creating an inclusive environment is our shared responsibility. We are committed to working individually with families to help make our school an affordable option through Indexed Tuition.
Spring Street is proud to use the Clarity Application to determine a family’s level of financial need based on the information that families share in the application which includes assets, income, expenses, and debts.
To get started, please go to the Clarity Application and create an account. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity Application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time.
Applying Online with Clarity
- 2024-25 Family Application Guide
- Clarity Application Quick Reference Guide (one-page walkthrough/tips)
- Video Introduction to Clarity for Families
- Family Support contact information:
- In-app support through the “Help” button in the lower left corner
- Email support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone support at 206-210-3752
- Family Info Night Webinar Dates – All parents are invited to attend any of the following family information sessions to learn more about the Clarity application. Webinar recordings will be available.
- The online filing fee is $60.
- Deadline February 1st
- Should every family submit an IT application? – No. Only families who feel they are unable to pay full tuition should submit an application.
- Do families apply yearly for IT? – Yes. Families must submit a new application each school year and tuition may be adjusted (up or down) depending on a family’s demonstrated need.
- Will my personal information be protected? – The school works with families individually and maintains strict confidentiality.
- What if parents are divorced? – Financial information is received from both custodial parents/guardians in divorced/separated families.
- Where do IT funds come from? – The Indexed Tuition budget is comprised of funds from the annual operating budget which primarily comes from tuition and donations.
Guiding Principles for Families Applying for Indexed Tuition
- The family seeks to apply for aid only after it has determined its own resources are insufficient to cover school costs and has exhausted the potential resources and options available to it.
- The family is proactive in seeking information and answers to questions related to the financial aid process directly from the school.
- The family is open and honest when completing financial aid applications and when providing any supporting documentation.
- The family adheres to school deadlines and documentation submission requirements.
- The family is responsive to school requests for additional information to support the application.
- The family understands that the school is not obligated to provide financial assistance, even if the family shows eligibility for it.
- The family is respectful in communications with the school’s financial aid staff and administrators.
- The family uses school-established channels for disputing or appealing a financial aid decision.
- The family is discreet about disclosing its financial aid outcomes.
- The family respects the privacy of other families who choose not to disclose their financial aid details or outcomes.
- The family works to the best of its ability to arrange its financial resources to pay any determined family contribution in the timeline prescribed by the school.
FACTS Tuition Billing
Spring Street has partnered with FACTS Management Company to help us manage our tuition payment program. FACTS will process and track all tuition payments.
- Is my information secure? –Yes. Your personal information, including payment information, is protected with the highest security standards in the industry. For more information on security, visit FACTSmgt.com/Security-Compliance.
- When will my payments be due? –Your payment schedule is set by your school, and your financial institution will decide the time of day your payments are processed.
- What happens when my payment falls on a weekend or a holiday? –Your payment will be processed on the next business day.
- What happens if a payment is returned? –Returned payments may be subject to a FACTS returned payment fee. Watch for a returned payment notice for additional information.
- How do I make changes once my agreement is on the FACTS system?
–Changes to your address, phone number, email address, or banking information can be made at Online.FACTSmgt.com or by contacting your school or FACTS. Any changes to payment dates or amounts need to be approved by the school and the school will then need to notify FACTS. All changes must be received by FACTS at least two business days prior to the automatic payment date in order to affect the upcoming payment.
- What is the cost to set up a payment plan? -If an enrollment fee is due, the amount of the fee is indicated when setting up your agreement. If applicable, the nonrefundable FACTS enrollment fee will be automatically processed within 14 days of the agreement being posted to the FACTS system. Enrollment fees range between $25-$45 depending on the plan.
FACTS Customer Service
We are committed to doing all we can to provide you with the highest quality customer service in the industry. Whether you want to view your account online or speak with one of our highly-trained customer service representatives, FACTS is dedicated to serving you. To view your payment plan details, log in to your FACTS account at Online.FACTSmgt.com. Customer Care Representatives are also available to assist you 24/7.